Recently I finished reading Slim for Life by Jillian Michaels. I have added this to my must read list. Not only to stay slim, but to also stay healthy overall. It is everything that I have learned about nutrition over the years, plus some exercise, money savings tips for groceries and going natural information.
I had to research and read for years, but you don’t have to – instead go grab a copy of this book! I myself have already refereed back to it a handful of times.
Andrea’s Stars: 5
Why I like it:
- Broken down into easy to digest tidbits. I am not a big fan of huge chapters, so this was great because everything is broken down into small nuggets of information.
- Covers everything from what your workout should look like, to how to make your own cleaning chemicals. It really is a great one stop shop for changes that will help make your life healthier. It could easily have been called healthy for life – it is not just a diet book.
- Many people don’t realize that being healthy is more than just calories in and calories out to maintain a good weight. Instead it includes quality of food, containment’s in our products, managing stress and so much more. Jillian really does a great job of giving you a book that will make you healthy – not just thin.
- How she assigns points to each to do item, so you can create a plan for how to make them work for you.
- Uses studies and science to back her ideas and plans. Instead of fly by night this might work ideas; this really is a book for a permanent lifestyle change.
What I don’t like:
- Honestly not much! But I will say that if you are already very health conscious it might be a bit basic for you. I knew most of the exercise stuff and diet tricks. Most of the new stuff I learned was on things like the cleaning formulas, and the list of ingredients to avoid. I knew a few of them but not all.
- If you are new this could be overwhelming. I would recommend tackling one section and only choosing a few items until you get into the swing of things. Change takes time, so don’t feel too overwhelmed and think you need to do everything in the book.
Who the Book is Good For:
- Anyone interested in staying healthy overall and not just looking for a quick fix to lose a few pounds.
- Anyone who is very overwhelmed by all the health information available – this is a great place to begin your reading and educational process.
One of my favorite tips from the book is using YouTube as a resource for exercise videos. I have always used YouTube for doing house projects and computer stuff, but it never dawned on me to use it for exercise!
Grab the book you will be happy you did. Slim for Life by Jillian Michaels
Your Turn – Have you read the book? What did you think?